Skip to main content

UPDATE POST #2 - The Club, D and things as they stand


Apologies for being absent for so long. The past week has been... crazy, emotional, sleepless... exciting.
I've been writing everything in my notebook - It's been necessary for me to still write about everything even though I have been unable to sit down at a computer and update this blog. So, what follows are my entries and self-analysis from the past week, dated when they were originally written...

Monday 22nd March - Things As They Stand

I've known a few guys who would have given the world for Ophelia - they would have been great boyfriends to me... But I never deemed them good enough.
Conversely, I have known many, many more guys who wanted nothing to do with me - except conquer me for a quick meaningless shag.
So yes, I've been liked by so many guys, some superficially, some more deeply.

People who don't know me can't believe I've been single for nearly four years now. Four years. It's true; I've been the subject of so much male attention and yet so little male affection. I could have slept with so many guys; to my credit I've kept the total below 10.... because I've always wanted more... If Ophelia slept with you, it's a sign, she wants more: she really fucking likes you and you have the power to hurt her.

D, for example. The second I knew I was falling for him I panicked - I had to leave the Club - I decided, that for my own sake, for the safety of my mind and body, I had to leave.
I didn't.
Being such a fool, I thought, maybe, maybe I should take a chance on him... maybe he was the one...
And everything I've done since then has been for him. All the nights and weekends there... every time making myself look my best for him - the only one who never seemed to notice me. With the exception of that one night - A night I fear I merely dreamt now, because nothing has confirmed to me that it happened since. He talks to me, but without flirting, without... any emotion.

Meanwhile, I'm wrapping every other guy around my little finger. I'm the perfect manipulator, flirting my way to get anything I want and all the attention I need. But I just want your attention little boy, I don't want to sleep with you, I don't want to date you... I'm leading you on. You make my time at the Club more enjoyable... you give me a reason to be in the same place as D.

The guy I met last weekend from Liverpool uni has been constantly sending me messages, asking me to come to another competition this weekend... I was impressed with the effect I'd had.

I've mastered the art of attracting men, charming them and flirting with them... and yet I can't have the one guy I really want. D.

And now I'm going skiing on Friday because of him. Yes, I can't kid myself about the truth. Sure, it'll be great fun and I've always wanted to ski... but really, I can't deny it - it's because of him.
It's because of him that I'm spending all this money to go - wasting all this time when I should be studying - putting all my prospects on the line for him: a guy who really means nothing - because he does not care for me.

So, there you are: Ophelia isn't the strong woman you thought she was. I'm weak and pathetic. I'm going on this ski trip to spend time with D, while he's relaxed, knowing that I can charm him when we're drunk and horny. I've been starving myself so it all goes perfectly, putting myself through hell so I can wear my cutest dresses and most revealing fancy dress. But I know, that if it all goes wrong, if he gets with another girl on the trip.... my head would explode... I know I'll go off the rails - and everyone will see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With all my everlasting love, Goodbye...

Well, I got the job. I spent the last three weeks living and breathing the company and the role, preparing myself completely for the onslaught of interviews. Every spare moment pouring over economics textbooks, business journals and newspapers, paperbacks and online resources. I did everything I could to get that job. I sat on the train on my journey home with my eyes closed and sent my thoughts up to the sky please let me get it, please, please I start in 4 weeks, straight after I finish at the school. Right back in the centre of the City of London. where I belong . where I can thrive, work hard and play hard back to my best whatever that best is I got the call to say I'd been offered the job in the middle of my therapy session. I was overjoyed. My therapist congratulated me. We talked about the incredible progress I had made. We talked about the end... We decided that my last session will be the week before I start my new job. The sun was shining outside, I felt invin

The Hardest Post...

. This is the hardest post I have ever had to write. I apologise if it's sporadic and raw. This is everything from the last two months. When I went away with Alex for a weekend on the 16th July and when we went away for the second time on the 13th August. How things became incredible. How things fell apart. The writing in red is what I have written today - my input now - the writing in black is what I wrote on the date stated. Written on 19th July 2010 The dream is not a dream. It exists. I tasted it. I lived it. The happiness of my childhood is not dead. It lives around me – in other children, in other families. I walked hand-in-hand with Alex through the gardens of Chatsworth House, listening to the laughter of children, watching old couples sitting on the wall eating huge cones of soft white ice cream. Seeing families all around me. Joy, happiness, laughter, innocence, contentment, fulfilment. I was right all along. I knew it. I knew it! I had known all along what

Winning

A narrative of the last few days… So Friday was the big day. I went back to my university town for the Annual Dinner Night of my old society. All present members and all alumni – all my best friends, all my old lovers, and the place that made and broke my reputation. Thursday: all I ate all day were two sweets. And I only ate them because M offered them to me on two separate occasions in the library. (M – the law school guy I can’t stop myself from being besotted with.) I was convinced that I looked terrible that day so I hid in the library at law school during our break. I hadn’t seen M all week, but that day, I left my desk for two minutes and returned to find he had sat himself two seats away. I was mortified and pretended not to see him… although from that point on I found it impossible to concentrate on my books… He spoke to me first, and obviously when he offered me a sweet I couldn’t say no for fear of looking weird / seeming rude. Anyway, straight after my day at college was ov